Recap of Week 10
I almost took Best Bets out of the title this week, as very few of my picks have been the best.
Last week was an all-time low for your boy on the gambling front. Didn’t cash a single ticket, questioned my entire existence, and honestly though about retiring from the gambling streets.
But Brandi Cooper (shoutout my mom, she’s an angel) didn’t raise a quitter.
I’m determined to turn this around the best I can the last few week of the season. If I don’t, I’ll be back next football season with badger notes to give you more below average gambling advice.
I’m like the wind. I’m always here.
- Zero winners to report. I did earn a free pizza with my Domino’s slice of the pie rewards last weekend though. So I’d like to think I came out ahead on that one.
- Graham Mertz over 199.5 passing yards (+114) – 20+ mph winds won’t affect the Wisconsin passing game that much Brandon, inner me thought. LOOOOOOOOLLLLLLL
- Game total over 47.5 (-110) – On paper this looked great, but that’s about it.
- Taulia Tagovailoa over 243 passing yards (+110) – Maryland abandoned the passing game almost entirely. I still got love for Hawaii though.
- Maryland +4.5 (-110) – Insult to injury. I’m done talking about this.
Best Bets: Wisconsin Badgers vs. Iowa Hawkeyes*
I’m just looking to survive and advance this week. Trying my best not to get too cute with it…no promises though.
Best Bets season record: 11-25… If you’ve been smart enough to fade me the entire season you’re a very happy camper. You’re welcome for my incompetence and stubbornness.
- Game total under 35.5 (-110) – This is my favorite bet of the week. This actually went up a half point overnight which surprised me. Both teams play great defense, and aren’t exactly equipped with powerhouse offenses. I don’t expect much scoring. (please gambling gods don’t let there be points).
- 1st half game total under 17 (-105) – Same thought here as I have with the game total. Should be a throwback Big Ten game. I’m so excited.
- Braelon Allen over .5 rushing TDs (+115) – Iowa has one of the best run defenses in the nation, but if the Badgers score I bank on it being from Allen on the ground.
- Wisconsin to win by 1-6 points (+310) – I said I wasn’t going to try and get cute this week, but here we are. This should be a one score game regardless of the winner. I’ll bet on it being Wisconsin.
* A few extra college football bets if you’re feeling spicy (these will not go on my record unless they win…I make the rules around these parts)
- Overtime in Wisconsin vs Iowa (+700) – Wouldn’t be shocked if this game was tied at the end of regulation. Not the most +EV bet, but worth throwing a dart if you hate yourself.
- TCU +7 against Texas (-110) – Texas has looked quite good this year, but TCU is undefeated and has four wins over ranked opponents. I really can’t comprehend why Texas is a touchdown favorite, but someone must know something I don’t. Disclaimer: I have a $20 recreational wager with a man who thought I was going to eat 30 chicken wings in one sitting. For the record, I could put down 30 if I wanted.
- Ole Miss +11 against Alabama (-110) – My only reasoning for this is my unconditional love for Lane Kiffin.