Recap of Week 8 Best Bets
Like much of my season, the week 8 Best Bets for the Wisconsin Badgers were close but yet so far away. Still, I was able to cash my favorite bet of the year, which made my heart warm and fuzzy.
- Game total over 51.5 (-110) – The Wisconsin Badgers got off to a 21-0 lead in the 1st quarter, so I felt great about this one 15 minutes into the game, and honestly thought it would lead to me cashing more of my best. The gambling gods had different plans, though.
- Defensive or Special teams TD by either team (+207) – THE JEWELRY THEIF FINALLY MADE ALL OF MY DREAMS COME TRUE!!! I think my entire apartment complex could hear me screaming when John Torchio ran into the endzone on his pick-six.
- Purdue moneyline (+113) – Had it not been for Purdue’s awful start, they probably win this game. Unfortunately, that’s not how it works, and the Badgers were able to hold them off for the win.
- Aidan O’Connell over 358 passing yards (+131) – O’Connell finished with 320 yards, and had Purdue gotten the ball one more time, he almost certainly would’ve hit this over. Purdue getting down by 21 early set the game script for this bet up perfectly. But as they say, we didn’t lose; we just ran out of time.
- Charlie Jones over 119 receiving yards (+129) – Jones had a monster game as he finished with 105 yards on 10 receptions. Once again, we just ran out of time to cash this bet.
- Chimere Dike over 66 receiving yards (+112) – Dike finished with 36 yards as Skylar Bell led the Badgers’ receiving attack. Dike has failed me when betting on him all season; it might be time to give up.
Best Bets: Wisconsin Badgers vs. Maryland Terrapins
After a much-needed bye week for the Badgers, myself, and my bank account, we’re back and ready to finish the rest of the season on an absolute fucking heater.
Best Bets season record: 11-21….I hate myself looking at this number every week.
- Graham Metz over 199.5 passing yards (+114) – This is my favorite bet of the week. Maryland is giving up over 260 yards per game through the air and has a decent run defense. It might not be much over 200 yards, but I do think Mertz gets there.
- Game total over 47.5 (-110) – The Badgers have been an over team this season, which is wild, I’ll continue to ride with it, thought.
- Taulia Tagovailoa over 243 passing yards (+110) – Tua’s little brother can absolutely sling the ball around and has hit over 243 yards in three straight games.
- Maryland +4.5 (-110) – I think Wisconsin wins this game, but Maryland keeps it very close. I could see the Terrapins having the ball with a chance to win or score at the end of the game but falling short.
You can follow me on Twitter @FrznPizzaCooper There you’ll find jokes, plenty of music takes, offensive line talk (especially anything Larry Allen related), Larry Bird highlights (I got a thing for Larry’s what can I say), and of course my work for badgernotes.com.
Gambling problem, call 1-800-GAMBLER. Always bet responsibly.
Badgers Country. Let’s ride.